Saturday, November 24, 2012

More human form of animal.

There's something about furries that set us apart from the rest of society. Something beyond our weirdness and love of anthropomorphics. Something about our humanity which seems to have become more evolved.
"...by acting more like animals, we've become more human" _ 2 the Ranting Gryphon
 Perhaps it's the negative stigma perpetuated by the media, which we've been trying to correct for a long time, which has brought us closer. Perhaps it's our great diversity, or our playful nature. What ever the case, furries tend to be extremely compassionate. I witnessed this last weekend when I watched people falling over each other to shove money in to a charity jar during Midwest Furfest. With an attendance of 3,212, they raised around $40,000 for a tiny animal shelter. When the reps from that shelter described us as the most welcoming and generous people they've ever met in their entire lives, that with in five minutes of walking inside they felt at home... it stayed with me.

Furries. We are all part of a family that takes care of, not only our own, but fellow man. I came home from that convention with a new perspective of what home means. Part of me has refused to leave that place of warmth and kindness. Never have I felt so proud to be a part anything in my life. I want to thank every single one of those furries for welcoming me in. I'll see you all again next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment