Sunday, August 18, 2013

Public Furry

Every now and then, I will wear my leopard tail in public. Occasionally I'll get the typical wtf's and snickers, most people don't pay much attention to it. Every once and awhile, I'll get the one person who reacts with genuine amazement and curiosity. Might be an adult who probably had a really crappy week, or a child who has never seen such a thing. The sight of a man wearing a feline tail stirs their imagination, drowning their troubled mind with a joyful wonderment.

It's an incredible feeling when you know that you've made someone's day, even in the smallest way. The stresses of the modern human existence have made life incredibly difficult for many people. Could be a dead end job, religious or social oppression, or an argument with a loved one. It's a mad world, but sometimes the smallest things keep us going another day. Ask any fursuiter who performs in public, and they will tell you that this is why they do it. By standing out from the crowd, being silly, or just simply being yourself, you've brought happiness to someones life. Maybe in some indirect way, you've given someone on the fringe of giving up the will to live a little longer.

Having warn only a tail, I've gotten reactions that have without a doubt empowered someone. I can only imagine what kind of impact I'll make once I have my suit at the end of the year. Sure, some of my family members might be concerned with it. Maybe a few people might laugh, but so what? It doesn't matter if its mocking laughter or joyful laughter. There's no such thing as sad laughter, thus by giving them that ability to laugh, I have made a positive impact on their lives. If anyone doesn't like it, then it only means they're ignorant. Just ignore the hate and be awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment